Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 2

We woke up bright and early for Mass at the Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, it was gorgeous. I wish I had pictures. After Mass walked back to the Hotel to have breakfast, the we made our way to the Louvre Museum. It was amazing getting to see the Mona Lisa as well as the other paintings (I don't know what the others are called), I took lots of photos as we walked through.

After our tour of the Louvre, we headed back to the hotel, checked out, and ran frantically to the train station, and we barely caught our train to Lourdes. I think the train ride took about 5 hours, it was very comfortable.

By the time we arrived in Lourdes, found our Hotel, and checked in it was a little after 8:00 PM, so we started making our way towards the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception for the Rosary Procession. It was beautiful, the prayer's were said in almost every language imaginable, all of the people held candles and walked together. They have it everyday rain or shine. Once it was over we started back for the Hotel and stopped at almost every souvenir shop along the way. Oh, and of course we stopped for some glace.


The Louvre


The Louvre Museum






The Rosary Procession


1 comment:

Aunt Laura said...

Wow i am so excited. I love those paintings. I love seeing all of these wonderful places through your eyes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails