Thursday, January 21, 2010

Carrying the Cross


I have looked at this picture so many times in the past few years but I feel like I have just seen it for the first time. It is of course obvious that Jesus is carrying His cross, but it is where He is looking that just struck me.

In the middle of His suffering Christ looks up to heaven, up to His Father in prayer so that He may be able to carry out His will.

At least that's what I see.

I now see this painting as a great reminder to me, to all of us, since we all have our own crosses to carry, some big, some small. No matter what the size we mustn't forget to ask Our Heavenly Father for strength, patience, and guidance through those trying times.

Litany in Honor of the Holy Cross

3 comments:

Batjacboy said...

Molly,

What a great post!! It's funny how someone can look at a picture over and over, but having someone else point out another perspective, as you have done, makes the picture seem new.

Beautiful picture, and beautiful sentiment. Well done!

Thanks for that. I'll never look at that picture the same way again.

Gina said...

Thanks 4 your inspiration - I agree that is what Jesus is doing.

Heidi said...

Molly, I am so glad that you still blogging. I have been so busy the last two months that I have not even thought about posting. However, I realized that I missed everyone in the blogging world so much that I need to get back in gear. Anyways, I hope that you are doing well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails