Monday, January 4, 2010

Laudamus te. Benedicimus te. Adoramus te.

My latest plan is to teach myself Latin, yet I'm not exactly sure how to do it. This is something I've been wanting to do for some time (along with a million other things), but as far as I've gotten is to learn the Our Father, the Hail Mary, and the Glory Be, along with a couple of other prayers.

My goal is to be able to hear an entire reading at Mass & know what is said without referring too much to the English translation.

If anyone has any helpful hints or suggestions for me please send them my way. I can use all the help I can get. :)

Blessings!!

5 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Hmmmm, know any other languages? Sometimes that helps...as for teaching yourself latin, teach yourself english words that involve latin roots, eventually you'll pick up and be able to figure out most of the things at Mass :)...May your new year be filled with many blessings :)

Em said...

There might be an online course you could do, maybe just Google learn Latin' and the magic of Google will take you to the best place!! Good luck.

Deborah Spolar said...

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.

Dominus vobiscum

Thats all I know. LOL

Batjacboy said...

Here's the answer to all your prayers (copy it out and take it to Mass. If you want, you can downsize it a little and put it in a downsized black folder/binder/etc so it looks more like a missal):

http://rickmk.com/Mass/masstext.html

Best way to learn the TLM, ever!

Marilyn said...

Molly - I am just planning our homeschool Latin classes for next year. I would be happy to share our resource list when I am done. If you buy any "learn Latin" programs - make sure you get one that teaches ecclesiastical/Christian Latin which is different in pronunciation from Classical Latin. For starters you could check out Memoria Press - we love their Prima Latina for starters of all ages. I have lot of other things to share - if only there were more hours in the day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails