I have been trying to drink more water, but have trouble doing so, while talking to someone about this they gave me a suggestion which was to squeeze a lemon slice into a glass of water with a packet of Steevia.
Well, today I tried it & I loved it. Then I filled a pitcher with water, added 3 packets of Steevia, squeezed in 1 1/2 lemons, I also cut 1 lemon into pretty slices & added them to the pitcher. We really liked it, so I thought it would be neat to know the health benefits of drinking water with lemon.
- Perhaps the most noticeable benefit of all, your skin will look healthier. If you have acne or your skin looks slightly sallow, this is definitely worth a shot.
- Suffer from heartburn, have nausea, or have a difficult digestion system? Your tummy will feel much better.
- Lemons are high in Vitamin C. Since I've begun taking a daily dose of lemon water, my sinuses have gotten far better and I've not gotten sick once. It'll give your immune system a boost.
- Keeping your insides clean is just as important, if not more, as keeping your outsides clean. This will cleanse your body from the inside. The water we normally drink is essential, but with a few drops of lemon, we can clean out our blood and wash up our inner system.
- Some people even claim it helps you lose a little bit of weight, but I wouldn't pledge this is a valid truth (though it does kind of make sense, because it cleans out your digestive system..).
- Others claim it works as an energizer or waker-upper. Admittedly, I've felt more alert after drinking it at times, but perhaps that may have been because I squeezed a little too much sour into my water.
If you're looking to solve the acne, heartburn, allergies, or whatnot over night, this is certainly not your remedy. But if you stick with it solidly, you should begin to notice some changes within a week. Go with it - you've nothing to lose.
Some people will say drinking this mixture will weaken their tooth enamel. I asked my dentist about this, and she said it was false. However, if I was truly worried about it, I should drink the water through a straw, with the straw in between my teeth, which is what I've been doing since.