Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Spiritual Reading


I just started reading about St. Catherine of Siena and so far I'm really pleased with the writing style of this book. It's an easy and enjoyable read, without being too simple. A perfect choice for spiritual reading while in the presence of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.

Each chapter starts with a quote and while not all of them are from St. Catherine, this one was, and I loved it so much I couldn't resist sharing.

"To the servant of God, every place is the right place, and every time is the right time."

1 comment:

Batjacboy said...

I loved that book. All those biographies by F. A. Forbes are very good. Whenever I want a good introductory biography of a saint, I always check to see if Forbes wrote one, and then start with that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails