Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kelsey Lynne


Happy birthday Kelsey!!
This is my little sister, (I think she was about 5 in this picture) and today she turns 18.
When Kelsey was born I was 11 and I couldn't have been more excited to have baby sister. We have always been very close and even though she's now a busy teen and we don't talk as often as we used to the sisterly/best friend closeness is always there.
Kelsey,
You will do so much changing in the next few years and I can't wait to meet the woman you become. I hope you enjoy the journey of discovering yourself, making new friends, and taking on new challenges. I have so much faith in you, I know you'll be great at what ever you choose to do. I pray that you will not have as hard a time during this part of life as some do, and that in those hard times you are able to ask for God's help. One of my favorite quotes is "Before you go to sleep, give your troubles to God, he'll be up all night anyway".
You will always be my baby sister and there will always be times that when I look at you all I will see is a tiny 3 year old with a short blond bob. You sure were cute. I hope you know how much I love you & that I will always be here for you.
A few fond memories of you as a young child.
1. Using your hand to dig for ice in MY glass of water. This happened quite often, I might have started it actually, and if I remember correctly you still love chewing on ice.
2. Singing the bumble bee song over & over with you in the car. It helped when you'd start to get cranky, you especially liked the spitting part. LOL!
3. Realizing you were really quiet in another room for a long time, getting worried and finding you reading (trying to) and surrounded by books, you were only 2. You loved books right away and always wanted someone to read to you.
4. You really loved Barny, and all though I didn't, watching you get super excited was worth the torture of sitting through it. :)
5. When I was home with you (weekends), you were my little shadow and you never left me alone...I loved it. I think that lasted until about high school, lol.

2 comments:

Batjacboy said...

What a nice post!!

Happy Birthday, Kelsey!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this Molly. Happy Birthday to your sister.

Related Posts with Thumbnails